As professional engineers, scientists and medics, we at PP-L have decades of experience working in environments that are a potential danger to human health from dangerous microbiological hazards.
The management of operations, projects, facilities, and the workplace environment across a wide range of sectors is heavily regulated and carefully managed by globally recognised and deployed management practices, such as:
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
- HARPC (Hazard Analysis & Risk-Based Preventive Controls)
- HAZOP (Hazard Operability Standard)
We deploy our understanding of those risk assessment processes for managing the new microbiological hazard now prevalent in “everyday life” because of the arrival of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), focussing on the improvement of clean surfaces, air quality and ventilation; and crucially, a non-chemical, highly effective solution with the deployment of germicidal UV-C light to inactivate the virus in the air and on surfaces.
COVID-19 is predicted by global Institutions such as the CDC and WHO; the world’s leading Scientific and Medical experts to be an endemic which will be a threat to health for the foreseeable future. We can do much better than just learn to live with this virus. With the correct, well-engineered and effective mitigation solutions, we can destroy any coronavirus variant but, equally importantly, other pathogens that create contagious illnesses. We can help you build a new normal and be ready for what the future may bring.
At PP-L, we combine 80 years of scientific research, world-leading air cleaning technologies and specialist engineering to help organisations reduce the risk of viral transmission on their premises or through their business activities.
One size does not fit all, and for every project we look at is different but typically we will:
- Gather data on your current facilities, ventilation, engineering assets, air distribution systems (HVAC or AHU’s if present), room sizes, occupancy, humidity, temperature, airflow rates, operational use pattern, bio-load, microbe hazard profile etc.
- Undertake a detailed engineering design with CFD Modelling if necessary and microbiological analysis using our bespoke software developed in conjunction with renowned scientific institutions to calculate the lethal dose required to kill the microbial hazard. For now, this may be COVID-19, but we can also protect against other pathogens, both common and uncommon.
- Based on the above, we can engineer the appropriate specification of PP-L products and their deployment which are most appropriate for any given environment or end user requirements
- Finally, from this we can advise costs and delivery time, safe installation, operations, and maintenance needs, all of which we can do for clients, as a single point design, validated products supplier and solutions provider.
We are not aware of any competitors in our specialist area of health technologies who possess solutions that were successfully deployed during the first SARS epidemic in 2003 in Hong Kong and Singapore, two territories who have outperformed the rest of the world , during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are uniquely able to use this experience to provide an integrated level of targeted professional scientific modelling along with medical & engineering excellence to focus upon the air and surfaces within your inside spaces. We work with you to ensure your environments are as safe as they practicably can be from microbiological hazards, including COVID-19.
With 80+ years of experience in pathogen intervention supporting our mission, our team of professional engineers, scientists and medics know how to help you be safer.